Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Migration to BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0 - part 2

As I mentioned in my previous post the migration process went fine and all the system tests we performed afterwards did not show any strange behaviour or irregularities.

But... As the users started using the system a number of strange things have emerged. Some of the issues are very serious!

I will post back shortly some of our findings and how we solved them and some that we probably won't solve. As it looks right now we will probably start up the BOXI R2 environment again until all issues have been solved in the new environment.

The case has been reported to SAP/Business Objects and their technicians are currently trying to find a solution.

My opinion is that there are a problem with the migration tool... Time will tell if I am right...

No comments: